It is extremely important that C&S Staff are informed about your child’s allergies. As we may have life threatening nut allergies, please assume that ALL our program sites are NUT RESTRICTED ZONES. Please check items for any nut products before you send them to the program. Nuts include peanuts, walnuts, hazelnuts, cashews etc.
We ask that you do not send your child to school if they are sick or show signs of becoming sick. Children who are not well enough to participate in the normal daily program or who have an infectious disease must remain at home. A really runny nose, eye, ear or throat infections, vomiting or diarrhea or any contagious disease constitutes as sick. Please do not send your child to the program if they have a fever or have vomited that morning. Not only does it put the other children and staff at risk, but it is also unfair to your own child as they may miss out on different activities. Although we understand the difficulty in finding alternate care for your child, it is important to keep sick children at home. Should your child come in contact with a communicable disease, please inform us as soon as possible, so that we can take the necessary precautions to limit the potential spread of that disease. If your child does vomit or have diarrhea we ask that they do not return to the centre until they are clear of these symptoms for 24 hours. Should your child become ill while at “C&S Child Care Inc.” or the staff feels that the child can not participate in our regular routine, including outdoor play, we will ask that you pick up your child immediately. In the event that you cannot be reached, the alternate contact person will be called. Please ensure that someone is available at all times in case of emergency.
What to do if my child has Lice?
- Contact the centre immediately to inform the staff so that we can inform the rest of the families as well as take necessary precautions on our end to limit/stop the spread.
- Please treat your child with the appropriate treatment for Lice removal, this also includes using a fine tooth comb and going through your child’s hair to ensure the eggs, nits and Adult lice are removed.
- We ask that you wait 24 hours after your child’s first treatment, before sending them back to the centre.
- Please ensure you complete the secondary treatment 3 days after the first treatment.
- Continue to monitor and check your child’s head on a weekly basis for up to 3 weeks following their secondary treatment.
*** Please note that C&S Staff will also be checking your child’s head upon their return to ensure the lice treatment has been effective. ***
Please see the link below if you have any questions:
Throughout the year C&S staff may do random checks of all children in care to ensure our due-diligence.
What to do if my child vomits while in the care of C&S Child Care?
- Staff will notify you immediately once they have taken care of your child to make them feel safe and calm.
- You will need to pick up your child within 30 minutes of receiving such phone call
- It is your responsibility to ensure your child is picked up within this time frame, if you personally can’t make it, please have someone close by come pick them up on your behalf.
- Always inform the C&S Staff if someone else will be picking up, should you not be able to do so yourself.
What to do if my child is home sick?
- After you have notified Holly Elementary we require a phone call to inform us that your child will be absent. (Please call 604-946-4060)
- Please continue to inform us of their absence and then once they are feeling better and ready to return please also phone 604-946-4060 to let us know that we can expect them back at C&S Child Care.
*** Please note that the school does not contact us if anyone in our centre is away, this is the responsibility of the family to notify us directly. ***
Our staff will not administer a new prescription or over the counter medication until the parents/caregivers have had a minimum of 24 hours to monitor their child’s reactions to such medication. We also ask that you talk with your child’s physician to put your child on a schedule that does not require medication to be administered while he/she is in attendance at “C&S Child Care Inc.”. Should your child need medication due to a medical condition, you will be required to complete a parental consent form. This form will include the physician’s signature, and administration dosages/timelines. It is the responsibility of the parent/caregiver to inform the staff when a child is taking medication at home and any side effects that may occur, such as drowsiness, while in attendance at school.
When children arrive at Out of School Care, there is an expectation that they will be ready for the day. Not only must children have the supplies they need for the day, but it also means that the children will arrive showered, fingernails clean to avoid infection from scratches, etc., teeth brushed. We also expect that children arrive in clean clothing, with an extra set in their backpack in case they get dirty.
Teachers are required by law to report suspected or disclosed abuse to the Ministry for Children and Families. Teachers are required to report any abuse that occurs within a centre to Fraser Health Authority. Teachers are prohibited from contacting the parent unless specifically directed to do so by the Ministry of Children and Families, or by the police. It is the responsibility of the ministry to investigate and decide if abuse has occurred. Please remember that our concern is for the safety and well being of the child.
In the event of a fire or earthquake, all beings within the centre will calmly and safely evacuate the building. A review of procedures both with staff and children will help to ensure that all rules and regulations are followed. As caregivers, we will undertake two major responsibilities: first to successfully and safely evacuate the children from the building, and second to notify emergency personal.